woensdag 31 oktober 2012

A fan of Amsterdam.

Hi,

Last weekend I went for 2 days to Amsterdam and I was a bit sceptical at first. 
Paris is for lovers, London is a cultural meltingpot, Berlin is trendy and Amsterdam is.. hmm. 
What I did know about Amsterdam: The only place where you can smoke legally and the famous red light district also known as 'The Walletjes". But there is more, a lot more. Before I left, I searched on the internet for museums; check. The Hermitage, The Van Gogh Museum, The House of Anne Frank, EYE Filminstitute,.. (these are the ones I saw) More information and other museums you can find here.

So by visisting these museums my two days in Amsterdam were already almost fully booked. From hopping one museum to another you need some good food. Also Amsterdam impressed me once again, which is quite surprisingly for the Netherlands.

I also didn't had any place to sleep. But the first hostel that I saw when I arrived (the flying pig) was a very nice experience. I booked my bed in the morning and at night, (after checking out Ruby Sparks in The Movies) I arrived at my hostel were there was a Mexican party going on. Backpackers from around the world were celebrating in Amsterdam.. It was a short night.

So I would recommend Amsterdam to everyone! Young or old, this city is a must see.

L. x!


Jaques Brel -  Dans le port d'Amsterdam


 Starbucks Amsterdam Centraal



 Hostel The Flying Pig Downtown
Nieuwendijk 100
1012 MR Amsterdam


 
Andy Warhol -  The Last Supper
Dam
Amsterdam



Herengracht 298  
1016 BX Amsterdam



Prinsengracht 267
Amsterdam
 


Oldest Cinema of Amsterdam
Haarlemmerdijk 161
Amsterdam


Bloemenmarkt
Singel 610-616
Amsterdam
Van Gogh/Impressionisme: Sensatie & Inspiratie
Amstel 51  
Amsterdam
Reguliersbreestraat 26  
1017 CN Amsterdam




Ijpromenade 1
1031 KT Amsterdam


 Amsterdam Centraal









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten